Mold may be useful in science and in the laboratory, but when it begins growing in your home, it certainly causes concern and must be removed as quickly as possible to prevent a variety of health concerns. Mold is a fungus that grows in moist, damp places like the basement and the bathroom. The one thing that mold needs to thrive is moisture and it can easily find that inside and outside alike. It is a bacteria and as such, can cause any health concerns for the people inside of a home that has mold growing. You should schedule professional mold testing portland oregon to make sure this fungus isn’t lurking beneath the surface. Schedule testing on an annual basis for the best protection. Furthermore, inspect the home regularly and call in a professional if you spot mold growing.
A few important facts about mold that you should know are:
· People respond to mold in various ways. Most everyone presents allergy-type symptoms in response to mold, which includes sneezing, wheezing, shortness of breath, running nose, itchy eyes, and even asthma.
· Controlling moisture is the key to controlling mold growth in any indoor environment.
· Never attempt to eliminate mold yourself because it is dangerous and you may not fully rid the building of mold, which does not minimize the problem.
· To reduce the risk of mold in the bathroom, use a good fan ventilation system. Turn on exhaust fans when showering or when cooking.
· Do not install carpet in a high moisture area of the home or office.
· Remove moisture/dampness from a surface within 48-hours to reduce the risk of mold growth.
· Mold can grow on most any surface, although it is commonly found on baseboards, tile, gout, and in tubs and showers. This means that mold can grow on your clothes!